How to Use Snapcodes
Snapchat has made it simple and easy to capture a Snapcode using one of three methods:
- Scan a Snapcode Around You
Snapcodes can be scanned from posters, brochures, computer screens, friends’ devices and much more!
To scan a Snapcode around you…
- Open Snapchat and point your camera at a Snapcode
- Press and hold on the Snapcode on your screen to scan it
Try it here!
- Scan a Snapcode from your Camera Roll
You can save a Snapcode image to your camera roll for future use!
To scan a Snapcode from your Camera Roll…
- Tap the Profile icon in the top-left to go to your Profile screen
- Tap the Settings icon in the top right
- Tap ‘Scan from Camera Roll'
- Select a picture with a Snapcode in it!
- Open From a Link
Snapcodes can also be shared via a link!
To scan a Snapcode using a shared link:
- On your device, tap the link.
- When prompted, tap the Open Snapchat button to launch the app.
- Re-accessin a previous Snapcode
To Re-access a Snapcode Item Once You’ve Scanned it:
- Open your Snapchat camera and ensure that it’s in rear facing mode (opposite of selfie mode!)
- Touch and hold on the screen to reveal “lenses”
- Once the lenses appear at the bottom of the screen, select the first one!