Activated with a Snapcode, Motion Filters are easily shareable with your friends and family. Once scanned, Motion Filters are active for 24 hours and can be applied to your photos and videos at any location. Want to use it again next week? No problem – Motion Filters can be reactivated an unlimited amount of times for as long as you have chosen for it to be active on Snapchat! The Snapchat activation fee for Motion Filters is free, therefore the only cost to you is the Geofilter Studio design fee!
Snapcodes are Snapchat’s version of a QR code, which allow users to add new friends, unlock Motion Filters and Lenses, and gain access to exclusive content.
Once you’ve scanned a Snapcode, the Motion Filter or Lens becomes available for 24 hours. Motion Filters are active for 24 hours at a time but can be reactivated using the Snapcode any day, anytime and in any place, for up to one year.
Scan a Snapcode Around You
Snapcodes can be scanned from posters, brochures, computer screens, friends’ devices and much more!
To scan a Snapcode around you…
1. Open Snapchat and point your camera at a Snapcode
2. Press and hold on the Snapcode on your screen to scan it
Scan a Snapcode from your Camera Roll
You can save a Snapcode image to your camera roll for future use!
To scan a Snapcode from your Camera Roll…
1. Tap the Profile icon in the top-left to go to your Profile screen
2. Tap the Settings icon in the top right
3. Tap ‘Scan from Camera Roll’
4. Select a picture with a Snapcode in it!
Open From a Link
Snapcodes can also be shared via a link!
To scan a Snapcode using a shared link:
1. On your device, tap the link.
2. When prompted, tap the Open Snapchat button to launch the app.
To Re-access a Snapcode Item Once You’ve Scanned it:
1. Open your Snapchat camera and ensure that it’s in rear facing mode (opposite of selfie mode!)
2. Touch and hold on the screen to reveal “lenses”.
3. Once the lenses appear at the bottom of the screen, select the first one!